Registration & Course Information

Registering for Courses

There are two registration periods per year for undergraduate students. Students self-register for courses online using the MyBayPath Portal. Students are given access to their degree audit, schedule planner, and other registration information; and are required to meet with their academic advisor to discuss various options for fulfilling their academic requirements and meeting their professional goals. Students who have a hold with Student Financial Services cannot register until their financial obligation to the University has been met.

Registering for Accelerated Undergraduate Coursework

Students are eligible to register for up to 7 credits in each 6-week accelerated session.

Graduate Courses

Please refer to the Undergraduate Enrollment in Graduate Courses policy for further information.

Registration Restrictions

Students will be able to register for up to 18 credits if they are not on a financial hold. Students who are on a financial hold cannot register for classes until their financial obligation to the University has been met. Students can review the Current Holds section of the Students tab on the MyBayPath Portal for additional hold information.

Academic Progress Reports

Students can access their final grades on the Students tab of the MyBayPath Portal. Academic progress will be reviewed at the end of each semester after all final grades have been received. Students who do not meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards will be sent a formal letter and email notification detailing their academic standing and next steps. Please review the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy in the Academic Policies & Procedures section of this academic catalog for more information.

Adding or Dropping a Course

An undergraduate student can add or drop courses in the MyBayPath Portal prior to the respective add and drop deadlines. Courses dropped prior to the drop deadline do not appear on the student’s record or transcript. A student who wishes to drop a course after the drop deadline must follow the course withdrawal procedures (see Course Withdrawal section below).

Challenge Exam Process

TAWC students have the opportunity to test out of COM 112 Fundamentals of Spreadsheets. If interested, a student should contact their academic advisor for information and to register for the appropriate Challenge Exam. Upon successful completion of this exam, credit will be posted once the student pays the administrative fee to the Business Office. Since curricular needs result in changes to course learning outcomes and goals, the University reserves the right to change the test-out options and will provide ample communication to students in advance of any such change.

Course Availability

Bay Path University reserves the right to change the time a course is offered, change to course modality or cancel any course if there is insufficient student demand for the course and to schedule courses both during the day and in the evening to optimize enrollment and to ensure quality instruction. The University also reserves the right to change the delivery format of a course (e.g., from on campus to online) for any reason. The University may limit enrollment in a course to ensure the best experience for all students. Responsibility to register for courses and to be cognizant of the proper sequence to meet the requirements of their academic program rests with each student. The academic advisor acts as a resource for their decision-making and program planning, but it is the student’s responsibility to meet all core and program requirements.

Course Numbering System

Courses below the 100 level are developmental and may receive University, but not graduation, credit. Introductory or first year courses are numbered 100-199. Intermediate level courses are numbered 200-299. These courses may or may not have a prerequisite. Upper-level courses numbered 300-499 are advanced courses, which usually require a prerequisite and cannot be taken by first-year students. Most 400-level courses cannot be taken by lower division students. Courses at the 500 level are for both undergraduate and graduate students. Undergraduate students need permission from the graduate program director to enroll in 500-level courses. Courses exclusively at the graduate level typically start with a 600 designation.

Course Prerequisites

Courses are sequenced to enable students to master the knowledge and skills necessary to proceed to a higher level. A student must satisfactorily complete all prerequisites before they are permitted to register for a subsequent course. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that they have met prerequisites before enrolling in any course. Fulfillment of prerequisites may be discussed with the director of the program and is also monitored by the Registrar’s Office.

Course Withdrawal

A student that decided to withdraw from a course after the drop period is over must submit the Add/Drop/Withdrawal Form. The student will be charged tuition in accordance with the Institutional Refund Policy (see Financial Aid section). All “W” grades are permanently recorded on student transcripts. The last date to withdraw from a course is the Friday of week 5 by 5:00pm EST. Withdrawing from a course may affect a student’s full-time status, financial aid eligibility, and eligibility for honors. A student wishing to withdraw should seek advice from their advisor/academic advisor to explore their alternatives.

Credit Overloads

A student interested in taking more than 18 credits in any given semester must request a credit overload via the Credit Overload Form and in consultation with their academic advisor. The academic advisor, in consultation with the Office of Academic Affairs when necessary, will approve or deny the request for an overload and make any appropriate changes to the student's schedule.

The student must meet the following criteria in order to be approved for an overload:

  • Student must have at least a 3.00 cumulative GPA
  • Student must have earned a minimum of 60 credits
  • Student must have successfully completed more than 75% of the coursework that they have enrolled in (pace)
  • Overload cannot exceed 21 credits in a given semester

Final Examinations

All final exams must be taken during the normally scheduled time within each course. There may be exceptions to this policy in the case of an approved incomplete grade, approved disability accommodation, or after a written appeal to the Assistant Dean for Curriculum and Instruction.


Credit Type

Every course has a credit type that defines how it will be graded. Courses at Bay Path University will offer a traditional letter grade or they will be run either pass/fail or satisfactory/unsatisfactory. TAWC students are required to receive a grade based on the defined credit type for the course (i.e. students cannot take a course pass/fail or satisfactory/unsatisfactory if the course is set up to offer traditional letter grades or vice versa).

Letter Grades

The majority of on-ground, hybrid, and online courses offer traditional letter grades that correspond with the numerical equivalent of the student’s average in the course. A grading matrix has been provided below for additional information.


Some courses (ex. fitness, dance, and music courses, most practicums, supervision, field work, and clinicals) may be graded pass/fail. Students who earn a passing grade receive credit in the course, but there is no effect on the grade point average computation. The transcript will reflect a ‘P’ grade for a student who passes a pass/fail course. A student who earns a failing grade receives no credit and the failing grade has the same effect on academic standing as a regular letter grade of ‘F.’ The transcript will reflect an ‘F’ grade for a student who fails a pass/fail course.


A limited number of zero credit pre-practicum and orientation courses (ex. BPU 099 New Student Orientation) will use satisfactory/unsatisfactory grades. These courses may still be required for graduation requirements but they will not impact the computation of a student’s cumulative grade point average. The transcript will reflect an ‘S’ grade for a student who meets the requirements of the course and a ‘U’ grade for a student who does not meet the requirements of the course.

Undergraduate Grading Matrix

Grades are given for each course attempted, based on the following numerical value and grade point rating scale:

Letter Grade Grade Points Numerical Equivalent
A 4.00 95-100
A- 3.67 90-94
B+ 3.33 87-89
B 3.00 83-86
B- 2.67 80-82
C+ 2.33 77-79
C 2.00 73-76
C- 1.67 70-72
D+ 1.33 67-69
D 1.00 60-66
F 0.00 below 60

Other Grading Options

Abbreviaton Definition
AU Audit
I Incomplete1
NG No Grade
P/F Pass/Fail
S Satisfactory
TR Transfer
U Unsatisfactory
W Withdrawal
WIP Work in Progress1

Temporary Grades

Grade Point Computation

A grade point average is computed by dividing the total quality points earned by the number of credits attempted. Quality points are computed by multiplying the credits assigned to the course by the quality points assigned to each letter grade. The grade point average is used as a standard for determining academic standing and students are required to meet a minimum cumulative grade point average to graduate.

Courses with a credit type of satisfactory/unsatisfactory and courses graded as a “Pass” are not included in the cumulative grade point average computation. Although transfer credits can count towards fulfillment of quantitative graduation requirements, these credits are input as ‘TR’ grades and they are also not included in the cumulative grade point average computation. If a student repeats a course, both grades remain on the permanent record but only the higher grade is computed in the cumulative grade point average.

Session Schedules

Many of our campus classes run in a hybrid format with online learning components and 2.5 hours per week of face-to-face learning instruction. Due to external oversight, some courses in the Education program are delivered in a fully face-to-face format and are scheduled to meet on-campus for five (5) hours each week. For online and hybrid courses, the initial weekly assignment must be completed by Thursday at 11:59 pm EST, and subsequent weekly assignments are due by Saturday at 11:59 pm EST. Students are free to submit work prior to these dates.

In addition to class time, a student should expect to spend between 15-20 hours per week per course on homework and assignments. Time expended outside of the classroom may include reading, writing, research, studying, problem solving, projects, and other learning activities. Students are encouraged to carefully review the syllabus for each course to understand all expectations, assignments, policies, and grading criteria.

Student Service Options

Request an Official Transcript

An official transcript comes on colored transcript paper, bears the impression of the Seal of the University, and is signed by the University Registrar. An official transcript of an academic record must be requested by the respective student online through Bay Path’s Transcript Request webpage: Only requests made by the respective student will be processed.

eTranscripts are $5.00 per copy, paper transcripts sent to a domestic address are $7.50 per copy, and paper transcripts sent to an international address are $10.00 per copy. The Registrar’s Office reserves the right to withhold processing any transcript request if a student has an unpaid financial obligation to the University.

Request Proof of Enrollment

Proof of enrollment requests can be completed on third-party documentation or a student can request an enrollment or grade verification letter on Bay Path letterhead that is signed by the University Registrar. Requests using third-party documentation must be submitted with a Consent to Release Student Information Form that is signed and dated by the respective student if the Registrar’s Office is asked to return the documentation directly to the third-party. An enrollment or grade verification letter must be requested by the respective student online in the Student Forms section of the Students tab of the MyBayPath Portal.

Only requests made by the respective student will be processed. There is no fee to request a proof of enrollment.

Request a Replacement or Duplicate Diploma

The Registrar’s Office issues a diploma to students who have met all degree requirements, whose degree has been conferred by the institution and who have met all financial obligations to the University. Students may request a replacement or duplicate diploma using the Diploma Re-Order Form available with the Registrar’s Office. A replacement or duplicate diploma is $25.00 each.

The Registrar’s Office reserves the right to withhold issuing a diploma or processing a replacement or duplicate diploma requests if a student has an unpaid financial obligation to the University.