In this fast-paced, globally competitive 21st Century, the Business Program’s mission is to prepare a student to gain theoretical and practical knowledge, skills and abilities that will enable them to enhance current and future standards of living. A Bay Path University business graduate should acquire the knowledge, thinking, research, technological, communication, social, global and cultural skills and abilities to be a creative entrepreneur or entrepreneurial leader. In addition, through an internship experience, the student will have an opportunity to refine their knowledge and skill sets.
The business graduate will have developed critical, innovative, and reflective thinking skills essential for statistical data analysis and personal and professional decision-making processes; whether it be in entrepreneurial, industrial settings, profit or not-for-profit organizations, or as preparation for graduate school.
Students in the business program are required to complete a minimum of 6 credits toward their internship requirement. Internships are offered on the premise that academic knowledge combined with practical work experience in the field better prepares a student to succeed professionally beyond University. Internships offer business students real-world work experience in the field at appropriately selected organizations, businesses, firms, or ventures. Students can receive six credits for internships that involve 240 hours of work, and 3 credits for 120 hours of work. The Director of Career Services or a faculty member in the business program assists each student in locating an appropriate internship site, based on the student’s career goals and interests. The Director monitors the internship, and with the on-site work supervisor, evaluates each student’s performance.
The Bachelor of Science in Business degree program offers the following majors:
Student Learning Outcomes
Each graduate of the Business degree program will develop thinking, research, technological, communication, social, global, cultural, entrepreneurial and creativity skills that will enable them to:
- Analyze economic (global and domestic), socio-cultural, political, legal, regulatory and technological trends affecting any given region of this country, clarifying the likely implications of these trends on small business and non-profits as well as large corporations.
- Determine market and product/service development opportunities and challenges associated with these trends.
- Consider multiple stakeholder perspectives to be considered during the development and implementation of new strategies.
- Demonstrate the relationship between business activities, economic outcomes, and the evaluation of business performance, including all ethical considerations.
- Understand and be able to use quantitative methods, and available technology and applications, to address everyday business problems and opportunities.
- Understand core business disciplines including Finance and Accounting, Marketing, Operations, Human Resources, IT, and Legal.
- Value collaborative, data-driven, systematic approaches to solving interdisciplinary problems and making ethical decisions.
- Communicate focused messages to all stakeholders, as appropriate, via all forms of media, as well as face-to-face.
- Recognize diverse personalities, professional backgrounds, personal experiences and dialogue as fundamental building blocks of high performing teams.
Possible Career Options for B.S. Business Graduates
- Accounting Analyst
- External Auditor
- Financial Accountant
- Internal Auditor
- Risk Management
- Tax Accountant
- Graduate Study
- Entrepreneur/Small Business Owner
- Business Manager/Management
- Business Officer Manager
- Store Manager
- Operations Manager
- Human Resource Specialist
- Executive Assistant
- Meeting, Convention, and Event Planner
- Food Service Manager
- Lodging Manager
- Sales Manager
- Casino Assistant/Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Accommodation Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Tourism Manager
- Travel Agent/Manager
Interior Design: Residential & Commercial
- Interior Design
- Interior Decorator
- Interior Design Product Manager
- Architect Assistant
- Industrial Designer
- Landscape Architect
- Marketing Executive
- Brand Manager
- Advertising Manager
- Product Manager
- Social Media Specialist
- Communications Assistant/Specialists/Coordinator
- Marketing Assistant/Specialist
- Sales/Advertising - Account Executive
- Public Relations
- Sales Manager
- Program Coordinator/Associate/Manager
- Development Associate/Manager
- Grant Writer
- Special Events Coordinator
- Community Educator/Liaison
- Volunteer Coordinator/Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Social Assistance Coordinator
- Social and Community Service Manager