Registration and Course Information


All graduate students will receive registration materials electronically prior to each semester. Registration should be completed online using the MyBayPath portal; however, add/drop forms will be accepted during times in which the portal is not available. Students are expected to register for the complete semester prior to the add/drop deadline. In accelerated graduate programs students must register for all 8-week terms within the semester prior to the start of the end of the add/drop period in the first subterm.

Registration Restrictions

Students who are on a financial hold cannot register for classes until their financial obligation to the University has been met. Students can review the Current Holds section of the Students tab on the MyBayPath portal for additional hold information.

Registration Dates

Registration dates differ by academic calendar. Students are recommended to review the academic calendar associated with their respective degree program for additional information.

Adding or Dropping a Course

Students enrolled in graduate coursework may add or drop courses (on the MyBayPath Portal or by submitting the Graduate Course Add/Drop/Withdrawal Form) prior to the deadlines as outlined on the respective academic calendar. Prior to the drop deadline, students will be refunded all tuition costs associated with course(s) and dropped course(s) will not appear on the student’s record or transcript. A student wishing to be disenrolled from a course after the published drop deadline must follow the course withdrawal procedure as listed below.

Course Availability

Bay Path University reserves the right to change the time a course is offered, change to course modality or cancel any course if there is insufficient student demand for the course, to schedule courses both during the day and in the evening to optimize enrollment and to ensure quality instruction. The University also reserves the right to change the delivery format of a course (e.g. from on campus to online) for any reason. The University may limit enrollment in a course to ensure the best experience for all students. Responsibility to register for courses and to be cognizant of the proper sequence to meet the requirements of her academic program rests with each student. The academic advisor acts as a resource for decision-making and program planning, but it is the student’s responsibility to meet all core and program requirements.

Course Numbering System

Courses below the 100 level are developmental and may receive University, but not graduation, credit. Introductory or first year courses are numbered 100-199. Intermediate level courses are numbered 200-299. These courses may or may not have a prerequisite. Upper-level courses numbered 300-499 are advanced courses, which usually require a prerequisite and cannot be taken by first-year students. Most 400-level courses cannot be taken by lower division students. Courses at the 500 level are for both undergraduate and graduate students. Undergraduate students need permission from the graduate program director to enroll in 500-level courses. Courses exclusively at the graduate level typically start with a 600 designation.

Course Prerequisites

Courses are sequenced to enable students to master the knowledge and skills necessary to proceed to a higher level. A student must satisfactorily complete all prerequisites before they are permitted to register for a subsequent course. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that they have met prerequisites before enrolling in any course. Fulfillment of prerequisites may be discussed with the student’s advisor and is also monitored by the Registrar’s Office.

Course Withdrawal

After the course drop deadline has passed, students enrolled in graduate coursework may withdraw from a course (using the Graduate Course Add/Drop/Withdrawal Form) prior to the deadlines as outlined on the respective academic calendar. The day on which the Registrar’s Office receives this form becomes the official date of withdrawal. Notice to the faculty member of intention to withdraw or to add a course is not sufficient. Faculty members may not officially add, drop, or withdraw students from classes. Failure to attend a class does not constitute notice of withdrawal.

A withdrawal will be recorded as a “W” grade on the student’s transcript and may affect a student’s full-time status, Satisfactory Academic Progress determination, academic standing, financial aid, eligibility for honors, health insurance, residential status, etc. Any student who does not officially withdraw and who does not fulfill the requirements of a course will receive a grade of “F.” 

Students should refer to the Refund Policy regarding the impact withdrawing from a course has on their bill or financial aid.


Credit Type

Every course has a credit type that defines how it will be graded. Courses at Bay Path University will offer a traditional letter grade or they will be run either pass/fail or satisfactory/unsatisfactory. Graduate students are required to receive a grade based on the defined credit type for the course (i.e. students cannot take a course pass/fail or satisfactory/unsatisfactory if the course is set up to offer traditional letter grades or vice versa).

Letter Grades

The majority of on-ground, hybrid, and online courses offer traditional letter grades that correspond with the numerical equivalent of the student’s average in the course. A grading matrix has been provided below for additional information.


Some courses (ex. fitness, dance, and music courses, most practicums, supervision, field work, and clinicals) may be graded pass/fail. “Pass” is defined by earning 70-100% (equivalent to ‘A’ through ’C‘) and “fail” is defined as below 70%. Students who earn a passing grade receive credit in the course, but there is no effect on the grade point average computation. The transcript will reflect a ‘P’ grade for a student who passes a pass/fail course. A student who earns a failing grade receives no credit and the failing grade has the same effect on academic standing as a regular letter grade of ‘F.’ The transcript will reflect an ‘F’ grade for a student who fails a pass/fail course.


A limited number of zero credit pre-practicum and orientation courses (ex. EXT 099) will use satisfactory/unsatisfactory grades. These courses may still be required for graduation requirements but they will not impact the computation of a student’s cumulative grade point average. The transcript will reflect an ‘S’ grade for a student who meets the requirements of the course and a ‘U’ grade for a student who does not meet the requirements of the course.

Graduate Grading Matrix

Grades are given for each course attempted, based on the following numerical value and grade point rating scale:

Letter Grade Grade Points Numerical Equivalent
A 4.00 95-100
A- 3.67 90-94
B+ 3.33 87-89
B 3.00 83-86
B- 2.67 80-82
C 2.00 70-79
F 0.00 69 and below

Other Grading Options

Abbreviaton Definition
AU Audit
I Incomplete1
P/F Pass/Fail
S Satisfactory
TR Transfer
U Unsatisfactory
W Withdrawal
WIP Work in Progress1

Temporary Grades

Grade Point Computation

A grade point average is computed by dividing the total quality points earned by the number of credits attempted. Quality points are computed by multiplying the credits assigned to the course by the quality points assigned to each letter grade. The grade point average is used as a standard for determining academic standing and students are required to meet a minimum cumulative grade point average to graduate.

Courses with a credit type of satisfactory/unsatisfactory and courses graded as a “Pass” are not included in the cumulative grade point average computation. Although transfer credits can count towards fulfillment of quantitative graduation requirements, these credits are input as ‘TR’ grades and they are also not included in the cumulative grade point average computation. If a student repeats a course, both grades remain on the permanent record but only the higher grade is computed in the cumulative grade point average.

Student Service Options

Request an Official Transcript

An official transcript comes on colored transcript paper, bears the impression of the Seal of the University, and is signed by the University Registrar. An official transcript of an academic record must be requested by the respective student online through Bay Path’s Transcript Request webpage: Only requests made by the respective student will be processed.

eTranscripts are $5.00 per copy, paper transcripts sent to a domestic address are $7.50 per copy, and paper transcripts sent to an international address are $10.00 per copy. The Registrar’s Office reserves the right to withhold processing any transcript request if a student has an unpaid financial obligation to the University.

Request Proof of Enrollment

Proof of enrollment requests can be completed on third-party documentation or a student can request an enrollment or grade verification letter on Bay Path letterhead that is signed by the University Registrar. Requests using third-party documentation must be submitted with a Consent to Release Student Information Form that is signed and dated by the respective student if the Registrar’s Office is asked to return the documentation directly to the third-party. An enrollment or grade verification letter must be requested by the respective student online in the Student Forms section of the Students tab of the MyBayPath portal.

Only requests made by the respective student will be processed. There is no fee to request a proof of enrollment.

Request a Replacement or Duplicate Diploma

The Registrar’s Office issues a diploma to students who have met all degree requirements, whose degree has been conferred by the institution and who have met all financial obligations to the University. Students may request a replacement or duplicate diploma using the Diploma Re-Order Form available with the Registrar’s Office. A replacement or duplicate diploma is $25.00 each.

The Registrar’s Office reserves the right to withhold issuing a diploma or processing a replacement or duplicate diploma requests if a student has an unpaid financial obligation to the University.