Master of Science in Digital Marketing
The Master of Science degree in Digital Marketing encompasses a cutting edge, innovative curriculum and learning environment with the goal of producing dynamic, knowledgeable graduates who are prepared for the growing, ever-changing and fast-paced atmosphere of digital marketing.
Students will learn the principles of user-centered design and be well-equipped to leverage design thinking strategies to solve complex technical and business-related challenges. In addition, students will grow as creative thinkers and visual leaders and be able to craft powerful and ethical cross-media communication strategies.
Students in this online graduate program explore topics such as emerging technologies, search engine optimization, web analytics, transmedia storytelling and social media strategy preparing them for careers ranging from digital strategist to chief marketing officer.
Students graduating from this program will be better equipped for the current and future landscapes of digital marketing and able to leverage knowledge of research, strategy, and analytics in support of key business objectives.
Bay Path’s online program is aligned with the American Marketing Associations Professional Certified Marketer (PCM®) Program standards.
In partnership with the Digital Marketing Institute – a world leader in professional digital marketing certification – graduates may earn two professional credentials upon completion: PCM® Digital Marketing and Certified Digital Marketing Professional.
Students complete a total of 10 required course and 2 electives for a total of 36 credits.
The programs is 100% online, which gives students the flexibility they need for the education they want.
Students can select from the following concentrations:
Students will be able to:
1. Describe the key elements of a digital marketing strategy.
2. Explain the role and importance of digital marketing in a rapidly changing e-commerce landscape.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of the impact of digital technologies on the marketing profession.
4. Demonstrate an understanding of the evolution of Web 2.0 & 3.0 technology and its impact upon communication and digital marketing.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of cultural and global perspectives as they apply to e-commerce, digital media and communications.
6. Demonstrate proficiency with digital marketing tools such as SEO, SEM, social media and blogs.
7. Evaluate appropriate legal and ethical standards pertaining to e-commerce, communications, and digital marketing.
8. Demonstrate the effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns using data analytics and visualization tools.